Saturday, September 8, 2012

My 1st tournament of the new format!

Hi guys! Yesteday I went to Robinsons Galleria to join our weekly tournament. I was planning to join atleast 3 pods today but when I arrived only the final pod is available.When I was about to put my name on the list I saw that almost all the participants are from our team which made me think twice,whatever I still joined.

Deck used: Pure Hieratic
Format:Sanctioned - Single Elimination

Game 1 vs Drain Valley
Round 1: I started with Cardcar D then and a set card. He opened with Necrovalley then summoned Malefic  Cyber End Dragon and inflicted 4k damage to me.On my turn I OTK'd him.
Round 2: I opened with full monster hand and surely I can OTK him with that hand,but he used Royal Tribute on his 1st turn :(
Round 3 I stalled with Tragoedia for a while and keep using Mystical Space Typhoon on his Necrovalley to prevent him from summoning Malefic Monsters.

Game 2 vs Irwin Arogo (Genex Mermail)
Round 1:Game went slow during the 1st 2 turns and I OTK'd him when he left a monster on the field during his turn.
Round 2:I think he just ended his turn immediately then I summoned Photon Bounzer.On his turn he summoned a Mermail Abysspike which I negated with Bounzer just to prevent him from searching from deck.He discarded Atlantean Seahorse and searched for Megaloabyss he ended with Megaloabyss,Zenmaines and Gachi Gachi both exceeds are in defense position leaving me with no cards on the field.On my turn I OTK'D him destroying Megaloabyss with Volcasaurus then attacked Gachi Gachi with double Thunder Charger.

Game 3 vs Jomer Flores (Agent Inzektor)
Round 1:He just set a monster then I OTK'D him LoL
Round 2:He made a wall of 2 Zenmaines,Gachi Gachi and a Hyperion.I swarmed the field then destroyed Gachi Gachi and Hyperion.Next turn he died LoL.

Game 4 vs (Machina)
Round 1: I attempted to OTK his clear field but suddenly I made a mistake LoL I was aiming for double Thunder Charger and a Focus Force but I ended with 2 Thunder Charger,Nebthet, and a 0 attack Wattdragon LoL.Next turn he summoned Scrap Dragon and destroyed my 2 weak monsters :(
Round 2: I OTK'd him immediately LoL
Round 3: This game went to a grind game I have a Hieratic Atum,a Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon and a  Hieratic Su on the field. He had a defense positioned Maestroke then he summoned Gearframe and Summoned Machina Fortress.He equipped Gearframe to Fortress attacked my Hieratic Atum and I won because Red-Eyes stayed on the field for 2 more turns.Then Alvin Lim asked him why he didn't attacked Red-Eyes,he said that he was afraid of Mirror Force.


So This is my Tournament Report for the start of the Format and to those who say that Hieratics are dead Go and burn yourselves LoL.Thanks for your time :) See Ya!

1 comment: