Saturday, March 31, 2012

Philippine Monthly Tournament report!

Finally the Philippine Monthly Tournament is over and we have a NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!! LOL so here is my report for the tournament:

Format : Open Tournament (Promos and English cards are allowed as long as it's original)
6 rounds of swiss

Round 1: vs Wslasher (Samurai)XX
Game 1:Wslasher is god
Game 2:Wslasher is god


Round 2: vs a random kid (No idea what he is playing)OO
Game1:Inzektor stunts
Game 2:Inzektor stunts


Round 3: vs Arman (Inzektor)XOO
Game 1:I lost due to his ability to get Inzektor Hornet to the GY faster with the help of Armageddon Knight
Game 2:I activated my Super weapon to borrow his damsel from GY and OTK'd him.
Game 3:He started with Armageddon Knight and set 2 cards on his backrow. On my turn I drew and have Pot of Duality , Mind Control , Super Weapon, Effect veiler, Allure of Darkness and raigeki break.I used duality to add Monster Reborn from my hand and ended. On his turn he summoned Damsel which I veilered after he equipped hornet. On my Turn I drew another duality and I need to make a risk of playing Allure of Darkness since I will lose either way if I can't do anything  against his field. So I set all my important cards and played the spell then I was surprised on what I drew it's a damsel and a foolish burial which I really need, After that I played Mind Control on his damsel and I otk'd him on that turn thanks to Monster Reborn and Super Weapon :).

Round 4: vs Edsel Gozon(Inzektor)
Game 1:My mained 1500 LP super weapon is really good against mirror
Game 2:He used his own super weapon LOL
Game 3:I was ahead so much in this game but his Transmigration Prophecy changed the outcome of the game.

Round 5: vs Sorry can't remember his name (Dragunity)
Game 1: I was able to take control of the game early with Effect Veiler and Solemn Warning.
Game 2:I got surprised with Sin Cyber End Dragon during late game after I negated the summon of his Dragunity Legionnaire.
Game 3:I started without playing anything and on his turn he immediately attempted to Trident Dragon OTK me but luckily I have Tragoedia.After that I drew cards from Card-car-d and won after a few turns due o imba card advantage.

Round 6: vs Dominic (Inzektor)
Game 1:I used Lavalval Chain to place Dark Armed Dragon to the top of my deck and take the game on my next turn.
Game 2:Used Exastag on his Crimson Shadow and I have another Dark Armed Dragon LOL

Final Result: 14th LOL, looks like my early loss pulled me down on my tie breakers.

Highlight of the day: Wslasher opened with gateway of the six during game 3 of the semi's against Paolo Calma and his fiery Lavals,Wslasher ended with a book of moon set, a gateway, a Shien, a pair of Kizans and a Grandmaster of the Six.Paolo played Heavy Storm which is negated by Shien, then Paolo activated Sweltering Transmission Field tossed 5 lavals due to tender,he destroyed book via laval lady of the burning lake, then he activated Rekindling!! He summoned a TG Hyper Librarian and a Formula Synchron after he drew a 3rd card he drew another Rekindling!!!! Which resulted on a Quasar Dragon. LOL



Congratulations to Meison for winning the event after long years of playing Yugioh finally you won your first championship.

Oh BTW be sure to check this blog in a couple of hours coz one of Philippine's best will post here it will be a sure good read.

For those who are curious here is the top 8 break down:


CHAMPION: Meison Enriquez (Gravekeepers)
Finalist: Laurence Paolo Calma (Laval)
3rd-4th: William Israel Sy (Six Samurai)
Orlando Rivera (Inzector Wind-up)
5th-8th: Alvin Lim (Tour Guide Rabbit)
Edsel Gozon (Inzector)
Yuki K. Vinluan (Inzector)
Cloyd Jay Del Puerto (Wind Up)


No comments:

Post a Comment