Thursday, July 26, 2012

My take on Mermails!

Hi Guys it's been a few days since I posted my mermail deck and I am here to share with you the updated version of that deck.I am not as good as Baha from dueling days, but I hope you would like this deck.

Monsters:
2 Atlantean Armsman
2 Atlantean Seahorsemen
1 Atlantean Marksman
3 Mermail Abysslinde
2 Mermail Abyssgunde
2 Mermail Abyssturge
3 Mermail - Megaloabyss
2 Mermail Abysspike

Spells:
3 A forgotten continent
2 Depthscale Kraken
2 Salvage
2 Terraforming
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn

Traps:
3 Depthsphere
1 Depthsquall
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment

What are Mermails? I have no idea but all I know is they are mermaids and what makes them awesome, aside from their beautiful faces? their ability to work together as a group.This deck is similar to Dark World, where you need to have cards that could get rid of your Mermails or Atlanteans in hand.Without them your cards will just sit in hand while waiting for the right cards.


As I have said earlier Mermails could work well together as a group,where they help each other to gain effects or help other sea creatures like the Atlanteans to gain their effects.We have Mermail Abysslinde which is when destroyed and sent to the graveyard has an ability to summon a Mermail from deck except herself.Cards like Mermail Abysspike and Mermail Abyssturge allows you to discard a water monster from hand to gain their effects.Mermail Abysspike is a Reinforcement of the Army for level 3 or lower Water monsters, while Mermail Abyssturge is a Monster Reincarnation for level 3 or lower Water monsters.Also they have their own boss monster in the form of Mermail - Megaloabyss,which allow you to discard two water monsters in your hand to special summon itself and when summoned by it's effect you can search for your deck a card with depth in it's name except: fish dept charge and depth amulet.


Now we have the cards that benefit from being sent to the graveyard to activate their effects which are Atlantean Seahorsemen,Atlantean Marksman,Atlantean Armsman and Mermail Abyss Gunde.Basically if you used them to activate an effect of a Water Monster they gain different effects.Atlantean Seahorsemen allows you to add a sea serpent monster from your deck (regardless of it's level).Atlantean Marksman allows you to destroy a facedow card on opponent while Atlantean Armsman destroys a faceup card.The cute mermaid in the form of Mermail Abyss Grunde could special summon a mermail in your graveyard (regardless of level). So with this guys, summoning Megaloabyss you earned a big monster also you can gain card advantage.

All archetype have support cards and I selected and added the three best support cards IMO for the deck and they are Depthsphere which allows you to summon a Mermail from deck and when it is destroyed the monster is also destroyed,also during your opponent's next end phase Depthsphere will be destroyed.How good is this card? This is the MVP card for me because you could use it on your opponent's turn and summon Mermail Abysslinde,during his end phase boom Depthsphere is destroyed bringing Mermail Abysslinde down and you get to special summon a Mermail from deck.Also you can use it if your opponent is foolish enough to blind MST you,they target Depthsphere? very well chain it then summon Mermail Abysslinde then your opponent will be in a tight spot already.Next is Depthsquall which allows you to summon 3 Mermails in your graveyard and summon them,the drawback is they cannot attack and destroyed during the end phase.Usually I use this card as a last line of defense or offense where I can create massive XYZ with those mermails.Last but not least is Depthscale Kraken an equipment card for Mermails that boosts their attack by 400 points.Also acts like an Effect Veiler.

So basically this deck is created to gain advantage of the Mermail and Atlantean's effects and gain massive card advantage over your opponent.Also you can do some XYZ stunts with the field card A Forgotten Temple,which allows you to increase the level of your water monsters equal to the number of your water monsters on the field.Basically imagine yourself as a shark waiting for the right time to strike, you must play passively and NEVER EVER waste your resources too early.and let your opponent do their move and play with the flow.It may sound hard but the longer you use the deck the more patient you will become.So there you have it my Mermail deck.I am still waiting to see Baha's self touching deck which for sure will be fun. :))

I would like to thank K'yde Ren of Digital Mortal for interviewing me for his blog.! I suggest that you should read his blog because it is very informative and hopefully one day I can blog like him. LOL anyway thanks for the time if you have any suggestions please leave a comment.




3 comments:

  1. Nice, is Forgotten Capital really that good? I haven't tested it yet but I'm already thinking about possible combos to do with it.

    How about running Diva so that you can make Gungnir and Brionac? Deckspace is tight, though. And Diva is more fit for Atlanteans, But Gungnir and Brio are just that good with Mermails.

    What do you think about maining Skill Drain in this deck?

    I hope I can complete my deck ASAP so that I can duel you. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgotten Capital is really good but I think it is more of a personal preference.What I like about the card is I can gain access to powerful XYZ like Photon Bounzer,Volcasaurus etc. Also that little boost it gives is never to be under estimated.

    For Diva I have tested her and I just don't like her in the deck,she is good but the deck can run without her unless you are doing some crazy OTK shenenigans.

    About Skill Drain I just don't see the point why would you run it because it prevents your monsters to use their effect on the field like Abysspike and Abyssturge which in my opinion are one of the best monsters you will ever have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome mate! Nice take on the deck. Gonna try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete